Celebrate Local Farms at the 29th Annual Bainbridge Island Harvest Fair
On Sunday, September 27, come celebrate Bainbridge Island food producers and the community that supports them at the 29th annual Harvest Fair! This community-oriented, family-friendly event includes great local music, locally sourced foods, exhilarating rides, agricultural and educational lectures, freshly pressed cider and a pie making contest. Not just for the kids, Harvest Fair encourages everyone to take a day and join us on the farm.
- Enjoy apple cider fresh from the fair orchard
- Shop at the farm stand for fresh, local produce
- Attend a seminar on local food topics
- Enjoy yummy food with a focus on “local”
- Talk with local master gardeners
- Sample local beverages at the beer and wine garden
- Take a tractor or horse-drawn wagon ride
- Ride the land slide, young’uns only pleas
- Enter the pie contest (enter by 11:30 am)
- Enjoy pony rides
- Enjoy face painting
- Join in the Friends of the Farms raffle to win great prizes
- Or simply take in seven hours of sumptuous local food and music while sitting on a hay bale, enjoying a beautiful day in the country.
Best Pie Contest
This is a chance to put your best recipe forward at the Annual Harvest Fair Pie Contest! Winners for Adult and Youth categories will receive prizes. Pies must arrive at the fair booth by 11:30 am the day of the fair. Judging (by professional bakers) begins at 1pm.
Enter for a chance to win a locally grown turkey (who will also be attending the fair). Raffle tickets sold at the Friends of the Farms fair booth. The raffle drawing will be at 4pm. All proceeds go to support Friends of the Farms.
The Harvest Fair Playbill
This year will showcase a variety of great local talent, with a few surprises throughout the day.
Suggested donation at the entry: $5 for individuals and $20 for the entire family. New this year, Harvest Fair attendees may purchase wristbands for only $12, allowing unlimited turns on our rides and attractions. Donations support the event, as well as Friends of the Farms’ work throughout the year.
Free park and ride shuttle with pick-up at Winslow Ferry Terminal for each ferry arrival from Seattle, from 11:00am (10:35 sailing from Seattle) and final return drop off at 5pm for the 5:30 sailing back to Seattle. Shuttle also picks up at Bethany Lutheran Church (Finch Road and High School Road).