Stay on a Private Yacht
Enjoy a charming & romantic evening at anchor in idyllic Eagle Harbor on Bainbridge Island aboard True, a classic 44 ft 1965 Pearson Countess ketch. This timeless design, by the legendary John Alden, inspires dreams of the high seas and the elegant build-out below deck invites you to relax, unplug, and settle in for a getaway you won't soon forget!
A light breakfast of fresh local pastries, fruit, juice, yogurt, coffee, and tea are included.
THIS BOOKING REQUIRES A 2-HOUR SUNSET SAIL AT ADDITIONAL COST.
See more details & pricing below.
True is all YOURS. Enjoy lounging on the deck, in the hammock, recline in the cockpit, delight in a cooked meal down below (fully equipped kitchen: fridge, stove, oven, flatware, and dishes), sleep comfortably. Don't hesitate to call or text us if you have any questions or needs. We're just up the road from the harbor and available 24-hours by phone for emergencies or concerns.
The boat sleeps 5. There is one cabin with a king V-berth (2 persons), a full (2 persons) galley berth and a single captains berth (1 person) in the pilothouse.
We Are Here For You
Upon your arrival, we will meet you at the marina entrance. We'll get you aboard, go for a sail, returning to drop anchor and show you how everything works for the night and then we'll leave you to it, returning in the morning to bring you back ashore. Alternately, we can arrange for the sailing to take place the following morning, when we come to fetch you. This allows for a later check-in time if you wish to have dinner ashore before your stay on board.
Please know we're always just a phone call away - don't hesitate to call us if you have any questions or concerns.
We're also happy to answer any questions you might have about the area, and provide suggestions of things to do, what to see, and places to eat while you're on the island.
EACH GUEST WILL SIGN A LIABILITY WAIVER UPON ARRIVAL.
***AVAILABLE APRIL 1 - OCT 31 ONLY*** We offer a winter package that includes sailing and a stay in our Island Guesthouse (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/
If you're looking for alternative accommodation that isn't floating, we also offer our charming little cottage and a guesthouse, just up from the ferry docks. See our airBNB listing here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/
The village of Winslow is a lovely little town to explore before we dinghy you out to the boat for the evening, or after you arrive ashore the following morning. Practically at arm's length, you'll find the Eagle Harbour Public House and Pegasus Coffee House. A short walk up away you'll find shops, bakeries, ice cream, crepes, a delightful independent bookstore, and our favorite eateries: Hitchcock - both the deli and the restaurant. Grab a sandwich and coffee at the Hitchcock Deli by day, or enjoy dinner and a drink in the award-winning restaurant (with the same name) by evening, right next door. There is also a great grocery store within walking distance - Town & Country Market.
For an additional $10 fee, we can pick you up from the ferry and bring you to the boat. Just let us know after booking if you would prefer a ride from us and we will make arrangements.
There is a cab service on the island, though it's spotty and you can't just hail a cab. You have to book in advance. But there are bicycle rentals!
And, as noted before, the location is very walkable.
If you have a car, the entire island is yours for the exploring! We have great parks and trails, as well as a historic movie theater and wonderful waterfront drives.
- We'd like to remind you that you'll be staying on a boat. While this is an unbeatable experience, safety is our number one concern. Please exercise caution when getting on and off the boat and while moving around on deck.
- Personal flotation devices (PFDs) will be provided. We recommend you wear them while moving around on deck, in the dinghy, or on any docks.
- Stumbling intoxication is strictly prohibited. If you are one to use any substance to the point of not being sure of your footing, a stay aboard a boat - or near any body of water - can be extremely dangerous, even life-threatening. This may not be the best option for you.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on board the vessel and the docks. The combination of wood, finish materials, and fuel makes smoking around boats extremely hazardous.
- All navigation and communication instruments, breaker panels, engine, generator, sails, and any gear pertaining to sailing the vessel are to be left untouched. If you have questions about how things work, we'd be delighted to tell you about them, but please don't explore things on your own. Such tampering could cause very expensive and complex damage.
- While we are animal lovers in general, no pets are allowed on board.
- Please respect the peace and quiet of the harbor. Voices and noise travel quite far on water. This is a close community with many boaters living aboard at anchor or in nearby marinas. Thank you for your respect and kindness.