10 Things to do on Bainbridge Island This Winter
Bainbridge Island is often considered a summer destination, but there are actually plenty of fun things to do on Bainbridge Island in the winter months as well. If you happen to find yourself on Bainbridge Island this winter, whether you’re visiting friends and family or are here just for fun, consider yourself lucky. There is an incredible number of exciting things to do on Bainbridge Island. Moreover, our Innkeepers and lodging hosts are your perfect guide to help you enjoy the best of the island! Don’t let Washington’s cold and potentially rainy weather keep you from this beautiful destination. There’s no reason to spend this entire winter inside.
Though Bainbridge Island is definitely a fun place to spend time during the warm summer days, there’s something that just feels even more special when you’re outside during the winter. It might have something to do with fewer people around, allowing you to be quiet and still in a way that isn’t always possible during the busy seasons. Experience Bainbridge Island for yourself this winter, and book a room at one of our member properties today.
10 Fun Things to do on Bainbridge Island This Winter
It’s true that Bainbridge is a popular place for outdoor enthusiasts to go when its warm outside, thanks to the variety of hiking, biking, beachcombing, and kayaking to enjoy. It’s quiet here during the winter, but it’s still a surprisingly great time to come visit us! The sun doesn’t’ need to shine to have fun on Bainbridge Island.
Here are just a few of our local recommendations on the best places to enjoy winter on Bainbridge Island.
- Sometimes, a day spent outdoors in nature is one of the most healing and revitalizing things we can do. That’s easy on Bainbridge Island, with great parks and trails like The Grand Forest, Fort Ward, Gazzam Lake, and Battle Point Park.
- Biking is a year-round sport on Bainbridge Island. There’s even a pretty big bike raise on the island in February, called the Chilly Hilly! Rent a bike at the ferry, and take a spin around our beautiful rural roads.
- Go tasting! Whatever it is you prefer, Bainbridge Island has it. There are 7 wineries and tasting rooms on the island, a brewery and their complimentary AleHouse in Winslow, and two great distilleries, Bainbridge Organic Distillers and Highside Distilling, not to mention some pretty incredible restaurants and coffee shops.
- Get in some peaceful time on the water. From a gentle kayak around the harbor (yes, even in the winter months), to a restorative walk along one of the island’s many beaches, you’ll find a simple sense of peace and calm on the water.
- Bloedel Reserve is worth visiting in all 4 seasons. Discover what these beautifully landscaped grounds have to offer this winter.
- Visit the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art. With free admission, we can’t think of a reason not to go; but we can think of many reasons to go, including the contemporary examples of regional art on display.
- Spend a day browsing the many great boutiques lining Winslow Way. Shopping on the island’s main street is a wonderful way to enjoy the charm and appeal of this delightful town.
- Watch a sunset on the southern part of Bainbridge Island. Popular places to go include Fort Ward Park, Lytle Beach, and the Point White Pier. If you’re feeling really brave, come take a Polar Bear Plunge with us at Lytle Beach on January 1, 2020!
- Enjoy plenty of coffee and live music at local establishment Pegasus, or take in some delicious coffee and toast on Blackbird Bakery, or one of the island’s many other cafes.
- Looking for something to do in the evening? Bainbridge Island Performing Arts offers exceptionally well-produced plays and other live events, and is always worth checking out when you’re here. Beyond that, Earth and Vine Wine Bar in Bainbridge Island’s south end is a cozy space to enjoy an evening, and they often offer live music and entertainment on the weekends.
The Best Bainbridge Island Lodging
If you’re looking for the great lodging that will allow you to rest and enjoy the best of Bainbridge this winter, you’ll find it here. After a day spent exploring Bainbridge Island, come home to our accommodations, where you can relax, refresh, and get ready for another fun day ahead. Once you’ve experienced the charm of this amazing place, you won’t want to leave.
We’ve only listed a few things to do on Bainbridge Island this winter. There are truly more things than we can count, but you’ll need to get here first. Come experience a tantalizing piece of this winter wonderland, and book your lodging today!